| < January >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Average Sea or Water Temp
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average sea tempeature is 15 °C (59 °F).
- The average temperature in Heraklion, Crete in January is quite mild at 12 °C (53.6 °F).
- Afternoons can be mild with average high temperatures reaching 15.2 °C (59.4 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally a little cool with an average low of 9 °C (48.2 °F).
- The variation/ range of diurnal mean temperatures in January is 6.2 °C (11.2 °F).
- The weather in January is hardly arid with rain every now and then. Circa 91.5mm (3.6in) of water is dropped during an average of 14 days.
- In January the heavens above Heraklion, Crete are dull having on balance merely 3:27 of bright sunshine daily.
- The shortest day is 9:49 long and the longest day is 10:23 long with an average length of 10:03.
- There are approximately 6:27 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 34.8% of daylight hours and cloudy 65.2% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Heraklion, Crete January averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for January in Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Navigate to January Weather in Locations Surrounding Heraklion, Crete:
- Skiros Island, Greece - 408.7 kms (254 miles) N
- Athens, Greece - 324.7 kms (201.8 miles) NNW
- Athens/ Hellenkion, Greece - 296.6 kms (184.3 miles) NNW
- Tripoli, Peloponnese, Greece - 349 kms (216.9 miles) NW
- Kalamata, Greece - 343.3 kms (213.3 miles) NW
- Methoni, Greece - 354.7 kms (220.4 miles) WNW
- Milos, Greece - 167.4 kms (104 miles) NNW
- Kythira Island, Greece - 222.1 kms (138 miles) WNW
- Souda/ Khania, Greece - 98.1 kms (61 miles) W
- Tobruk, Libya - 404.7 kms (251.5 miles) SSW
- Salloum, Egypt - 422.9 kms (262.8 miles) S